Landlords’ FAQ

Q: When do I receive my rental income?

A: Rental income is released on or before the 10th of every month unless otherwise agreed with you.

Q: I want to rent my property, what do I do?

A: Give us a call or send us an email giving us the details of your property. We will arrange a mutually convenient time to come and asses the property for rental value. Once an agreement has been reached we will provide all of the necessary paperwork and begin advertising your property for rental.

Q: Do you allow pets?

A: This is your own choice. You may decide on a no pet policy, small dogs only, spayed/ neutered cats only. It is your property and your choice. We do ask all tenants to complete pet registration forms before taking over a lease. If however a person has a guide, signal or service dog they cannot be discriminated against.

Q: What if I want to sell my property?

A: We can do that for you. By advertising on MLS we can maximize the exposure of your property in order to facilitate a speedy sale.

Q: What if a tenant does not pay their rent?

A: We maintain a close relationship with all of our tenants to help ensure this does not happen. Unfortunately there are instances where a tenant does not pay their rent. We initiate proceedings according to the law in order to to return your property to you in the shortest time possible.

Q: I don’t want to rent my property to people who have children.

A: Unless your property is in a restricted community (e.g. Active adult) then it is against the law to discriminate based on familial status. Darwin Jones Property Management & Realty subscribes to the Fair Housing Act and any associated rules and regulations related to discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and  familial status.

Q: I don’t want any one smoking in/at my property.

A: If you prefer non-smokers to rent your property we can specify that only non-smokers are eligible to rent your property.

Q: Do I need a Business License/ Transaction Privilege Tax Registration?

A: No, Darwin Jones holds the necessary Business License’s and the Transaction Privilege Tax License. Unless instructed otherwise we pass on the payment of rental tax to the tenant and make the required payments to the relevant City departments. The amount of rental tax due is determined by the city your property is in. Please click (Here) for rental tax information. Darwin Jones will complete and send annual 1099’s to you. These are needed for your annual tax returns.

Q: What is an Affidavit of Legal Class Corrections and do I need one?

A: The Affidavit of Legal Class Corrections is a Maricopa County Assessor requirement. If you own a rental property in Maricopa County that will be rented for a period of three months or more in any one year, then it needs to be registered with the County Assessor. Darwin Jones can provide you with this form to complete. We will submit it for you. Currently there is a $10 charge payable for rental registration.